Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
123Next
Return to list New
View: 2207|Reply: 21
Collapse the left

[Mood] Why do game developers release broken heros?

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2017-7-27 04:24 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I really wonder why do developers want to release heros which are OP. Yes come on we all know its all about the money. Money is vital in keeping this game going. Money isn't going to drop from the sky to feed the developers and the company.

But come on!! There are 10 over threads merged into one and 1000 over rants on this hero called Karrie. Honestly didn't the developers do any testing before releasing her? Didn't they run tests over tests and realise this hero if played well is able to wreak absolute havoc? Is the team really not competent or are they simply blinded by greed.

Let me give u an example. I used to play Clash Royale -  Im sure most of u are familiar with that mobile game. I did good, got into the legendary arena after months of grinding, willingly spent money on the game. And the developers released this card called Elite Barbarians. They were OP, very very OP. The whole game/meta shifted to who had this card and who deployed this card better. It became a must to use them. People struggled to contain them. However this was the turning point for me. The nerf patch did come weeks later but I was so disgusted with the meta and I quit the game soon after. Many of my friends soon followed. WHY? Because in clash royale, people spend tons of effort to level up these cards, only to be rendered useless once the meta changes/nerfed.

Now back to Karrie. I am a MM main and hesitated to use her at first. But I realised the meta was changing and players were fighting for her. Thus I decided to use her. Now, she has become a must choose MM for me. I'm able to kill the opponent's MM and solo the 1st turtle with just hunter knife and swift boots w/o breaking a sweat. Enough said..

Do i enjoy her? ABSOLUTELY. 90% of the time when I get to use her, we will win. My win rates and pentas are increasing. Her secret is really to just stay alive and dont get caught. So why the fark am I complaning? Because I think it's ruining the game! A game which I love and enjoy.

The cycle of

Release OP hero -> People spend money -> release starlight -> people spend more money -> Nerf to the ground  has to stop!

I have since stopped buying skins and decided to go cheapskate mode for now.

So for the love of god and mobile legends, please dont ruin this game. Its a good game. Do your homework before releasing a hero. Dont be blinded by greed in this money making strategy.
Post time 2017-7-27 05:38 PM | Show all posts
OP heroes are being released to almost any games out there, at least ML is consistent in balancing the heroes every 2 weeks (i think). Karrie Nerf thread had an outstanding support from this community I'm sure the devs are working on ways to balance her not removing her unique skills just like the way they did with Moskov.
Post time 2017-7-27 07:57 PM | Show all posts
Such a great post!  I completely agree with everything you have said.
There has to be better ways for ML to make money. I love the game so much too, and would even pay a monthly fee in diamonds if it means we can have totally balanced heroes.  New heroes should be unique and add something new and different to the game.. they shouldn't just be OP to make money.  I now cringe every time a new hero is released.
Post time 2017-7-27 04:46 PM | Show all posts
I support!
Post time 2017-7-27 05:13 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Clash of what..
Post time 2017-7-27 05:27 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
That's a true fact.. And It's 1000% clear that they are doing this for money.. But I don't understand why they unnecessarily nerf some heroes and also why don't buff some weak heroes like Alpha and Yi Sun Shin.. They again nerfed Saber because they want people to forget about Saber and buy Karina Starlight.. this game will slowly Go to ruin if these things are continued..
Post time 2017-7-27 05:30 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Also nerfed Tigreal to hell cause they want people to buy the Franko skin now.. R.I.P system
Post time 2017-7-27 05:33 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
And also gave skin for season to those heroes which people don't use that much.. Like Fanny and Mino season skin.. very few play with fanny or mino.. So they gave skin to those so that people don't stop buying skin.. Like if they gave skin for Saber.. Saber fans would stop buying skin.. Devs are really greedy
Post time 2017-7-27 09:45 PM | Show all posts
Edited by AswinLiu at 2017-7-27 09:47 PM

finally someone post this thread!
i have the same way of thinking since the moskov incident...
but im too lazy to post it to forum tho xD

the moskov one was really a nasty move tho...
they let it run wild for a long time!
i hope we dont have to wait until karrie's starlight is released...
Post time 2017-7-28 03:19 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
There are plenty of ways to profit from the game, they could release more skins, possibly for lower cost, and many people would buy, but releases "epic" skins every once in a while in ripped off scams only turns players away from the game, same thing with op heroes, I actually was spending money on the game before I figured out the marketing strategy, but now I'm a free player lol haven't spent a single dime on the game since the moskov incident
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-9-28 11:05 AM GMT+8