Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 64002|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Query] Physical and Magical PEN

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2017-10-8 11:19 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
What is physical and magical PEN what is their benefits, amd use?
Post time 2017-10-8 11:41 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Physical and Magical PEN help your hero bypass some of enemy physical armor or Magic resistants.
Post time 2017-10-8 11:46 PM | Show all posts
Edited by HayabusaJr at 2017-10-8 11:47 PM

Physical penetration: reducing armor of your enemy. Example; if tigreal have 100 armor and you use malefic roar (40% penetration) then when you attack him his armor will be reduced to 60.
Magic penetration: reducing magic resistance of your enemy.  Example; If hilda have 100 magic resistance and you use devil tears (40% penetration) then her magic resistance will be reduced to 60.
You can also find gear with flat penetration. For example glowing wand +15 magic penetration. It does not lower enemy penetration by 15% but by -15. Example; 100-15= 85.

Use of penetration: as stated above, penetration is meant to reduce enemy's defences and deal more damage to them.
Magic penetration is meant for magic damage based heroes (mages) and physical penetration for physical attack heroes (marksmans, figthers, assasins NOTE: EXCLUDING KARINA)

When to pick flat and when normal penetration;

Against tanks: normal penetration (%), tanks have big amount of armor and magic resistance that's why % penetration will work better against them.
Against all other heroes: flat penetration will do great since they have low amount of defence stat and it mostly reduces more than %.

When to get penetration item;
Penetration item is not so needed in early game (excluding raptor machete, arcane boots and deadly blade)
Players mostly get it as fourth or fifth item (depends on hero and class).

Benefit: since the penetration lowers enemy defence the use of it is to deal more damage to enemy.  
Post time 2017-10-9 12:09 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
HayabusaJr replied at 2017-10-8 12:46 PM
Physical penetration: reducing armor of your enemy. Example; if tigreal have 100 armor and you use m ...

Nice :)
Post time 2017-10-9 01:25 AM | Show all posts
Short answer: Kill tanks in late game.
Post time 2017-10-9 10:42 AM | Show all posts
Phy/magic resist makes your damage less pain. Your phy/magic penetration will make the pain come back =)
Post time 2017-10-9 03:19 PM | Show all posts
HayabusaJr replied at 2017-10-8 11:46 PM
Physical penetration: reducing armor of your enemy. Example; if tigreal have 100 armor and you use m ...

nice explanation bro :)

but 1 more question, if i as MM use malefic roar, and my team as assassin is use malefic roar too, is thats enemy armor is decrease to 80%??
Post time 2017-10-9 04:10 PM | Show all posts
aawhere replied at 2017-10-9 03:19 PM
nice explanation bro :)

but 1 more question, if i as MM use malefic roar, and my team as assassin ...

I think this armour penetration thing applies to the damage from you. It does not reduce the armor of the enemy to everybody...
Post time 2017-10-9 04:53 PM | Show all posts
Synology replied at 2017-10-9 04:10 PM
I think this armour penetration thing applies to the damage from you. It does not reduce the armor ...

thx for your info, i think thats penetration only stack once but applied to our team, nice info bro
Post time 2017-10-9 04:56 PM | Show all posts
Damage from you can penetrate. But not your team members. =)
Its effective when you hit the tank and find out he is itching for more..
Get one of it, then try hit him with everything you have... you can see he will not be as itchy as previously.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-6-26 07:08 PM GMT+8