Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 693|Reply: 3
Collapse the left

Need help climbing rank

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2017-12-10 12:59 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I'm stuck at GM due to me being a tank main and no decent hitters or gankers on my team (I mostly do solo rank and you know how hard it is to protect noobs in order for them to carry the match.) I've been invited by 3 squads already but left due to them not pushing towers and go only for kills.

I took a month long break from playing in order to calm my mind but it's still the same issue when I came back

My preferred heroes and playstyles would be:

Akai (for crowd control, good initiator and prioritize on protecting teammates)
Gatotkaca (for aggressive tank)
Zilong (mainly for split pushing. Towers are my priority)
Cyclops (trolling enemies)
Layla (good at staying alive while with a death rate of 1.4 per match. Farming is my priority)
Lancelot (good hit and run with 60% MVP with zero deaths in most matches.)

I just need a good jungler/ganker, tower stealer/split pusher and most importantly a good damage dealer.
If your a marksman main and a good one then I'll definitely be your best friend.

IGN: Kido
ID: 75770976
Nation: Philippines
(Can speak fluent english)
Post time 2017-12-10 03:07 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
I wanna add you till i seen youre using Cyclops to troll enemies then nvm...
Post time 2017-12-10 04:39 PM | Show all posts
Ok Kido,

This is the thing. You play one of the honourable roles in the game. I know this cause I'm a tank main myself. But the problem here is that when you always fill for the tank and the rest of your team picks roles that they don't know how to use to their full potential, you end up getting a 50/50. And when you always get those 50/50 matches your rank will remain the same even after 100 games.

So, as you pointed out, you need good squadmates. But the main skill your squad needs is counter picking heroes and teamplay. It doesn't matter how good your team is but if the enemy has fanny and you have no stuns (or few) in your team, your probably gonna lose the game. Team-play is important and can be utilised with programs like Discord (highly recommend it). Call outs are more clear and initiations are precise.

In the end, I will tell you a secret that will help you climb up with a good squad.  If you have 24000 bp lying around, buy Diggie. Arguably, the best support in higher ranks when played with a coordinated team. His 2nd spell is a better version of eudora's stun and his ult... OH MY... his ult is an AOE Purify for your entire team!!! Our squad always goes: 1 tank, 1 fighter, 1 mage, 1 assasin, and diggie (I normally fill this role) and with this, counterpicking and voice communcation, we manage to retain a 70%, which means that you are climbing. I hope this motivates you to find the perfect squad and rise through the ranks. Good luck!
digger ranked.jpeg
 Author| Post time 2017-12-10 08:11 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by BD007 at 2020-1-24 10:46 PM
HahaIsaac replied at 2017-12-10 03:07 PM

Haha yeah when I'm not using tanks I would go for hit and run heroes. Cyclops is a good troll as in poking enemies with his skills especially if I have spell vamp then I would just run around in circles spamming skills. Thank goodness they brought back his 2nd skill attack rhythm.

HahaIsaac replied at 2017-12-10 03:07 PM

Haha yeah when I'm not using tanks I would go for hit and run heroes. Cyclops is a good troll as in poking enemies with his skills especially if I have spell vamp then I would just run around in circles spamming skills. Thank goodness they brought back his 2nd skill attack rhythm.

Flamerays replied at 2017-12-10 04:39 PM
Ok Kido,

This is the thing. You play one of the honourable roles in the game. I know this cause I'm ...

Thank you for the advice and I have bought diggie recently and been practising him on my advanced server account. I really like playing support since I was a pro Rafaela back when supports were popular (all mid? Then it's game over for the enemy). It always satisfying to save and assist an ally with some moments worthy for WTF moments youtube videos.

My only problem is that most of the times people would just pick squishy heroes. Seriously like 2 mm and 2 assasins. If they say "we need a tank" I would definitely fill that role with no complaint. But most of the time they would initiate battles without me or focus on killing without pushing. In the past 2-3 weeks I've lost 10 battles in a row with akai. You know something is wrong with your team if you play as a tank and have 10 more kills and fewer deaths than your teammates. Even 2 people have said to me "panda not dead yet".

After reinstalling the game (yes I uninstalled it back then out of frustration) I've now decided to switch roles as turret stealler or carry. And it looks like I'm doing fine on solo rank. But as with pros I just need a good teammate since the last time I was invited to a team It was 6 months ago, I was playing as Rafalea with Tigreal, Roger, Karrie and Eudora and won 8-12 games straight. Man those were the days. By now all of my friends are in legend and it would be embarassing to play rank with them.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2023-1-29 08:57 PM GMT+8