Register now.
123Next
Return to list New
View: 2207|Reply: 34
Collapse the left

[Query] Kagura Users, Please Help

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2017-12-10 04:46 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by deathly at 2017-12-10 05:46 PM

I have been trying to get comfortable with one of each type of hero, and Kagura is my "mage" choice.  I love her skills and she's fun to play.  That said, she's the weakest of my "mains" for me.  I find her to be toothless much of the time, despite having played 100+ games with her.  I'm pretty sure the problem is me, seeing as others can use her very effectively.  

I have tried many different builds and can't seem to get one that works well (including altering builds during the game).  I use the basic mage emblem set (which is at level 43), but should I be using the custom support (formerly roamer) which is at 49 for speed and slightly better CD?  I use the retribution spell to kill minions and jungle creeps more quickly.  

I usually don't use the rapid boots, but some other speed item with CD or some sort of defense.  And I haven't found that one special item in the build that suddenly makes Kagura "turn on".  For example, other Kaguras use her Ult and it's like glue.  Mine always seems less effective, even when I've got a full build of items.  I realize others may have magic resistance in theirs...  I have included a pic below of my basic builds.

Another thing is I find I run out of mana quickly early in the game and I have to return to base often.  I am guessing there is a better way of managing her mana early in the game, but I'm not aware of it.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone has some concrete advice with her they could share to help me improve.  Cheers in advance...

25286244_10155774192276093_1198851383_o.jpg
Post time 2017-12-11 12:59 PM | Show all posts
The build is depends on how your playstyle is. Even if you use the top 1 kagura use build but if your playing style is different, it will just a waste of time.i reccomend you to master her skill first. Here are some of my guide about kagura : Here
NOTE: my build is old there, i will change it if i have time.

And dont use cdr shoes on kagura (magic shoes). I recommend you to use either rapid boots or Boots(thats give 15 penetration) i think. Dont remember the name.

Dont build yourself so much CDR, calamity reaper is enough. You will get 35% cdr from (calamity reaper & blue buff plus emblem). In early game, kagura indeed drained mana so much, so i recommend you to use 2nd jungle item(that gives passive defense) but dont full upgrade it. Use retribution instead. And also, take blue buff in early game, it will help you in early game so that your mana won't drain so much.

Comments

excellent, thank you. i'm not sure what my play style is with her yet, i just know it's not terribly aggressive until i know she's got some power behind her.  Post time 2017-12-11 02:35 PM
Post time 2017-12-10 10:19 PM | Show all posts
Well for me the basic formula items for kagura would mostly be
1-2 Mana sustain item(Buy mana regen necklaces atleast 1-2 in the early game if you really find yourself running out of mana fast)
2-3 damage boosting items
1 Spellvamp/survivability item
1 Utility item(this can either be magic penetration,extra magic damage, life steal reducing effect,etc.)

But my go to item build is always
1)Enchanted Talisman(Since this item is all what kagura needs which are mana sustain,CD,A little Magic Power and not to mention some needed early level survivability with the +250 hp)
2)Boots (Either Arcane Boots or Boots of Tranquility as Arcane provides extra umph to your damage while Boots of Tranquility gets you a get out of free regen especially if you're planning to get spellvamp later on)
3)Calamity Reaper (This provides me extra magic damage whenever I weave in basic attacks after casting my spells/combos along with bigger mana pool and CD) By this point you'd more or less have 30% CD but if you really prefer to get online and get going get Holy Crystal instead though this item needs you to be ahead of your enemies as it may take you some precious time to get it before you become more effective.

4)Lightning Truncheon(more burst and mana regen, really helps you not to rely on buffs too much) Though this item is debatable as to which you can switch to depending on the game thats why sometimes I prefer getting spellvamp first over this to see what I need later on in the game

5)Concentrated Energy(Because the build is designed to make you squishy but more bursty and relies heavily on your reaction time to dodge/position, you'd really want to invest on this)

6)Holy Crystal(As your core damage mid-late game item) But if you decided to not take the calamity reaper and took this early on, you can opt to get a damage or survivability item such as Blood wings or Devil's tear.

As for emblems Common Magical would do but when the new emblem system hits custom Mage emblem should be prioritized due to the key talent of custom mage emblem is much more suited for kagura.

And for spells you can either take retribution or petrify, I always take petrify because this helps me set up team fights better as well as gank or CC enemies without having to waste my spell and wait for CD timers.

Hope these insights help!

Comments

i think i did not thank you yet. Thank you! this is quite helpful  Post time 2017-12-11 09:17 AM
Post time 2017-12-10 05:51 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
If u use retri, go mid. Buy 2 mana necklace & jungle knife lv2. Make sure u get blue buff. It will help maintain your mana. If u dont get midlane,enchanted talisman is recommended so u can spam skill. When u use ult,try to predict where enemy move & move your umbrela to where u predict enemy gonna move. So they will be pulled to your umbrella. Then skill 2 (stun) , ult again (knockback), skill 2 (dash), skill 1 (hit them with your umbrela). Vice versa. Watch national contest or kagura top player streamin. It helps a lot

Comments

i understand all that. thank you, i will try it out.  Post time 2017-12-10 06:34 PM
Post time 2017-12-10 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Might come off as a way too normal response but, briefly analyzing kagura top player streams will surely help you. Just look at what they do and question why and how they do it, you'll soon find a response. Works for me atleast.

Comments

okay, thanks. watching top players is probably something i don't do often enough.  Post time 2017-12-10 06:34 PM
Post time 2017-12-10 06:41 PM | Show all posts
Item Build:

1. Jungle Item Axe
2. Brown Boots
3. Clock of destiny (build the gem first)
4. Enchanted Talisman
5. Upgrade boots (Either Arcane boots or Rapid boots) Depends on your judgement in game.
6. Lightning Truncheon or Disaster Truncheon (If there is another mage in the team go Disaster 100%)
7. Holy Crystal
8. Sell Jungle Item and buy last item (This item depends totally on you and your feel of the game.)

If you feel you lack the damage Bloodwings will help plus it gives you more HP
If you feel you die often then Immortality (But I rarely use this) since kagura has Skill 2.

Spell choice: retribution (Make sure to try to get the blue buff always) try to ask your team nicely :)

I wont go into skill details but this is the only thing you need to remember

Skill 1: Used for Poking and Controlling (Long ranged and has slow)
Skill 2: Free Purify/Flicker(With Umbrella) Free Flicker Out(Without Umbrella)
Skill 3: Free Push back (With Umbrella) Free Crowd Slow and Pull (Without Umbrella)

Usual Combo

Skill 1 > Skill 2 > Skill 3 > Skill 2 (away) > Skill 3 (enemy linked to umbrella) > Skill 1 again = GG
Skill 1 > Skill 3 > Skill 1 > Skill 2 > Skill 3 > Skill 2 > Skill 1 = GG

My first mistake with Kagura when I was starting is I was comparing her with explosive mages like Cyc, Aurora, Eudora.. But she is not that explosive, you kill/assist with her great mobility and CC.. that's why I think next to Fanny she is the hardest to master.

Hope it helped. I'm no pro kagura but I love playing her

Author| Post time 2017-12-10 06:49 PM | Show all posts
ChrisssCrossed replied at 2017-12-10 06:41 PM
Item Build:

1. Jungle Item Axe

this is excellent, thank you.  i changed one of my builds to match yours and i will give it a shot.  i think i may play some bots and mix the mid-lane/mana strategy above with your purchasing order.  

also, i don't get the blue buff often enough.  i guess i should focus on that.  i am not a big fan of strife, so i don't like the team arguments over who needs it.
Post time 2017-12-10 07:04 PM | Show all posts
deathly replied at 2017-12-10 06:49 PM
this is excellent, thank you.  i changed one of my builds to match yours and i will give it a shot ...

I usually give up the mid lane to a Marksman or a more explosive mage. But if they want me to mid then I go for it. I play better in the side lanes with another hero with me because kagura can easily catch heroes with her first two skills which would set up a kill for your teammate or yourself. :) Once I hit level 4 I try to join team fights as mush as I can

Comments

yes, i like the idea of joint play. i think, however, when i pick kagura teammates usually think i'm strong and i am left alone in a side lane.  Post time 2017-12-11 09:16 AM
Post time 2017-12-10 07:09 PM | Show all posts
my item build:

1- Jungle Axe (dont buy 3rd "Beast Killer", jz 2nd one Axe only)
2- Lightning Truncheon
3- Magic Shoes
4- Glowing Wand
5- Holy Crystal
6- Cancentrated Energy/ Winter Thruncheon

late game jz sell the Jungle Axe. always take blue Buff or steal enemy buff.

Comments

thank you. i definitely need to focus more on the buff.  Post time 2017-12-10 07:38 PM
Post time 2017-12-10 08:29 PM | Show all posts
My number one advice is watch gameplays from  pro Kagura players like lemon unique and analyze carefully there actions and familiarize all the skills of kagura and make your own build depending on your playstyle.

Comments

okay, thanks. i watched a game from lemon unique. extremely impressive play...  Post time 2017-12-11 09:15 AM
Post time 2017-12-11 08:28 AM | Show all posts
@Jauregui @iamfeeder
this two Player also can help u {:5_135:}

Comments

do you mean that i should watch them on live stream or youtube?  Post time 2017-12-11 09:15 AM
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-12-5 06:14 AM GMT+8