Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 3613|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

[policy] Censor Tagalog words.

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2018-1-10 08:46 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
There undeniably is a massive MLBB cult in the Philippines. While not all players may have been educated of proper etiquette, I believe MLBB can enforce rules to appease those who appreciate harmonious interactions.

Simply put, please censor these Tagalog words:
bobo, vovo
engot, gungong, ungas
puta, putangina, fota
tae, ebak
gagu, gago

Also, users with obscene names should be banned from Ranking.

Justification:
Players who intend to say bad words during matchups not only ruins the experience of ethical players but also ruins the image of MLBB, making it a game full of rude, toxic, uneducated F2P bystanders.
Post time 2018-1-10 09:20 PM | Show all posts
I unsupport anything that forbids people of right to speech, regardless of how negative it can be.
Post time 2018-1-10 09:33 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
sadslick replied at 2018-1-10 09:20 PM
I unsupport anything that forbids people of right to speech, regardless of how negative it can be.

hate speech is not part of freedom of speech.
Post time 2018-1-10 09:50 PM | Show all posts
mastersyx replied at 2018-1-10 09:33 PM
hate speech is not part of freedom of speech.

not everything has to be towards someone
Post time 2018-1-10 10:10 PM | Show all posts
Edited by revered_skies at 2018-1-10 10:11 PM

I think censoring won't work, we are always creative in making new words hahahaha. Just let it be. I don't say bobo or vovo but some of them can come up with vhovho, 3030, s2peed or other jeje language if the the other words are banned, which is worse, and censoring now is really bad, even wholesome words are censored for some reason like Balmond's name. Censoring sometimes makes communication difficult.
Post time 2018-1-10 11:30 PM | Show all posts
revered_skies replied at 2018-1-10 10:10 PM
I think censoring won't work, we are always creative in making new words hahahaha. Just let it be. I ...

very well said.
you can't stop people
to say or chat what they want
they always finds a way. LOL
Post time 2018-1-11 12:13 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Post time 2018-1-11 07:22 AM | Show all posts
I'd say remove all censoring, it's annoying and serves no purpose.
I happen to read a thread before about a mod who gave a reason as to why censoring is a must and what they gave was an example of someone who might try and sell guns on ML. {:5_127:}
 Author| Post time 2018-1-11 10:22 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
My suggestion is to censor the vulgar words who atleast appease the ethical users. I am not proposing a total solution as there may be none, this is just a supplement to the current censorship being observed. Freedom of speech you say? Try arguing and cursing on this forum and well see what happens to you. While do u know any sport where swearing is okay during actual play?
 Author| Post time 2018-1-11 10:28 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
sadslick replied at 2018-1-10 09:20 PM

Self expression is something else and it is okay , theres just a different avenue for it. . . while purposely trying to type derogatory comes with an intention to demotivate others.

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2023-2-6 06:44 PM GMT+8