Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
Return to list New
Author: ninja_cowboy
Collapse the left

[Poll] Higher matches or higher winrate?

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2018-11-5 09:40 AM | Show all posts
maistral replied at 2018-11-3 04:33 PM
I disagree with you.

If you have 1k matches then you are at least bound to know the mechanics of ...

Yes, you might know the mechanics but it doesn't mean you are good at them. In my opinion, there are just really some heroes that doesn't fit others. I know Freya's mechanics, I know Saber's mechanics, I know a lot of heroes mechanics but it doesn't mean I am good with them so I think winrate still weighs more. Though I disagree with winrate stuff (should be grade or KDA) since it doesn't really justify it, I would still pick it over matches.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-5 10:47 AM From mobile phone | Show all posts
streetsneeze replied at 2018-11-5 09:40 AM
Yes, you might know the mechanics but it doesn't mean you are good at them. In my opinion, there a ...

If you have 1k games you're bound to be good actually.
Unless the persons involved have double digit IQs, then probably I agree with you.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-5 12:45 PM | Show all posts
maistral replied at 2018-11-5 10:47 AM
If you have 1k games you're bound to be good actually.
Unless the persons involved have double dig ...

We are not literally talking about the number of games, quality somehow but if you want to do it like that then 1000 games with 70% winrate is still better than 3000 games with 40% winrate.  Plus, I have met people with 500 matches and low winrate that surely says why they have that winrate.. actually those players who chose 40% and below actually just ends up feeding. Well, that's my experience so far.

But then again, winrate nor the number of games doesn't really determine it. But if I were to choose which side I would lean on, that's my opinion.

If a player would fight - someone with 1000 games and 70% winrate vs. 3000 games with 40% winrate, I honestly think that the one with higher winrate have a higher chance of winning.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-5 01:50 PM | Show all posts
streetsneeze replied at 2018-11-5 12:45 PM
We are not literally talking about the number of games, quality somehow but if you want to do it l ...

I agree, winrate is a much better gauge to measure a player's skills.
Less than 50% winrate means you have more losses than wins.

But we also need to consider whether or not a player has been playing solo or with a 5-man squad most of the time.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-6 04:52 PM | Show all posts
Recently I met a Miya user with 100% winrate from 21 matches... who ended up feeding.
So yeah, I kind of agree with @maistral

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-6 07:21 PM | Show all posts
To be fair to @streetsneeze, there is no reason for someone to have 1k games with <50% winrate. Actually, I was pertaining to someone with 1k matches with at least 50% winrate. I could even forgive someone with 49% winrate actually.

Because if that's a 40%WR then there's something definitely wrong with the one using it. Probably a double digit IQ holder that I was pertaining to previously.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-7 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Well for my opinion, i'll see both. If 5k matches with 40% winrates and 100 matches with 80% winrates, i think i'd go for the 100 matches with 80% winrates one. But if the 5k got 60% winrates, definitely go for this. Or if lower match have just 50% - 60% winrates, i'll give priority to higher matches first.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-11-28 05:44 PM GMT+8