Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: ninja_cowboy
Collapse the left

[Poll] Do tanks need to farm?

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2018-11-29 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Excellent points by @CloudDevelic

I especially liked the part " If tank couldn't farm enough, they can't do their job and this result in me not being able to do my job well. "

Personally i think every role needs to farm. MMs are late game monsters, but your team needs to farm in order to drag the game to that point (if necessary). If the marksman try's to get ahead by stepping over the others it will be a fast lose. The game will end in 6 min.

Of course tanks need farm. Their role is to get in the enemy's face constantly. They get all the dmg so they need their items in order to be effective. For example a minotaur who has decent farm can create so much havoc in a team fight.

People focus too much on the dmg dealers but its all about balance. Good dmg but also good defense. That's why i think its a mistake that people underrate tanks and supports. I can always spot a nub claude when i see they go full dmg with 0 defensive items. Usually they feed a lot and troll the game cuz they can't use that huge dmg. Again balance is needed.

PS i like how they buffed franco 2 skill to deal dmg based on his HP. I think more tank skills should be like that

Comments

the problem is . devs keep on nerfing tanks bec carries cry if they cant solo kill a tank. they need more OP dps items DHS is not enough  Post time 2018-11-29 11:44 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-29 07:33 PM | Show all posts
1nsp1re replied at 2018-11-29 05:22 PM
Excellent points by @CloudDevelic

I especially liked the part " If tank couldn't farm enough, they ...

nah , F**K tank , as a tank player i quit playing tank, problem solved XD

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-29 08:34 PM From mobile phone | Show all posts
DeathBrain replied at 2018-11-29 02:59 PM
Yeah. The problem is that taking dmg will not give yoi assist. I hate it, but its like this. You h ...

To hit is not a pr0blem ma boy most of the tanks has spammable skills so hitting is not a problem

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-29 08:40 PM | Show all posts
I personally think grock is the best farmer tank and early game tank. His farming abilities are much easier than most tanks and honestly he should probably be a tank/fighter as most of his skills are damage based and the fighter emblem festival of blood works like a charm on him

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-29 11:17 PM | Show all posts
Yes, tanks do need to farm to be able to get items. It's quite frustrating to tank when there's nothing to jungle or gain gold from, noting that I don't even jungle alone but help teammates and let them take last hit. I can't buy items and protect my teammates in full capability since I'd be too squishy and probably die before I can even do something. Some players doesn't realize this, that thinking tanks shouldn't farm at all then blame tanks for not protecting or being too squishy. Of course, if a tank have items, he can perform his job well.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-29 11:41 PM | Show all posts
i did not vote bec it depends on whose youre using some can kill jungle fast some has very weak damage

i always use tanks and i can build my items without farming a single jungle
even if i always give last hits to my team

maybe its because of the boots that adds gold with assisst
and mage emblem(discount) when im using gatot and belerick
i use support emblem bec tank emblem is trash in my opinion
                 fighter emblems talent adds more HP than tank
                lvl 20 talent is trash useless with DHS and true damage
                lvl 30 tank talent has long cooldown 10secs and only adds 5% HP compared to other emblems
                lvl 40 only adds a small atk 19k+ hp only adds 70+ damage. it will be more usefull if they change it into additional physical and magic def
                no movespeed (all tank items doesnt have movespeed makes them so easy to kite and dodge, DPS items are always a complete package)

but they need to focus on making new heroes first before balancing item emblem and heroes

Comments

yup they need to make new hero for their money making venture screw balance game  Post time 2018-12-2 06:40 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-30 01:28 AM | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-30 04:39 AM | Show all posts
Vymonchyyy replied at 2018-11-29 10:41 AM
Umm, so i frequently use johnson.. and i usually not farming.. but i do help my team farm.. i let th ...

as a fellow budding tank, i do the same as you, but when i'm solo ranking (have been really unlucky with getting just the wrong type of personality / players lately) sometimes they don't know how to farm, so i have to make a call on do i kill the jungle monster? or leave it and there's a good chance that the enemy team will steal-kill it, so if my MM for example does not look like coming over to get the last kill, i will make a quick decision to kill it myself and move off to help the MM again in lane minions, and rinse and repeat.
This is my way of trying to 'carry' the team as a tank.

It's a bit of a situational judgement call i would say. can't do the same thing for each game as you have to take into account what the other team is trying to do.

Use magic Report

Post time 2018-11-30 01:17 PM | Show all posts
you get enough to gold to get by from assisting your teammates and protecting turrets so nope

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2018-12-1 04:26 AM | Show all posts
191740976 replied at 2018-11-30 01:17 PM
you get enough to gold to get by from assisting your teammates and protecting turrets so nope

As long as you don't blame tanks for not tanking enough.

Comments

I tend to kite a lot as a tank whenever my skills are on CD, its pointless to go and soak up all the damages when you can actually just kite  Post time 2018-12-1 11:16 AM

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-12-9 04:57 AM GMT+8