Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 1510|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Service] Report System completely useless

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-11-15 09:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
So I was called a "black indian" in the game so I reported the player for profanity & even elaborated the situation with "racist comment".
However I only got the standard mail, which means he was not punished.

Now gameplay, I get it is hard to judge. You can't always conclude feeding/negative play from KDA & a machine is not a really good judge of it.
But this?
How hard is it to set up an algorithm which flags words of [color], [nationality], [ethnicity], etc & sends them to a human for verification?
Moonton really isn't trying at all.
Post time 2019-11-15 10:36 PM | Show all posts
Now I'm wondering, can we have a split server from Indonesia?
I'm sick of their toxicity and racism.
The M1 tournament gameplay in YouTube are also flooded with toxic Indonesians. They insulted and trashtalked Malaysia and Philippine nonstop.

Comments

Wow. didn't even have to say what flag the guy had...  Post time 2019-11-16 12:28 AM
Post time 2019-11-15 10:38 PM | Show all posts
Let's say Moonton hires people to look into reports. Can you imagine the work to verify that much? People report every single match...would be like hundreds of reports/hour...
Somehow, the system should be a bit improved, i have thought about it many times...But it has it's own algorithm, every times reports are sent..
The system however, does work..and the punisment, as we all know is deducting credit score.I'm sorry for you situation, people can be very mean, especially on the internet..Don't let these things get to you, it's always better to ignore them..
 Author| Post time 2019-11-16 12:20 AM | Show all posts
shinee. replied at 2019-11-15 10:38 PM
Let's say Moonton hires people to look into reports. Can you imagine the work to verify that much? P ...

I don't care about what that idiot said. I mind that the company does not deem it an offense.

Read what I said. The algorithm would flag trigger words & only that would be verified by humans. Like if, and only if, the "search engine" finds words of the pattern [skin color] [nationality/ethnicity] (Eg: Yellow chinese).
Or are you saying racist comments are normal & "hundreds of reports/hour..." people spout racist talk? If that this the case, that's a problem in & of itself & the game should definitely take action.

"But it has it's own algorithm, every times reports are sent.." - & yet it does not have a simple function like flagging racist content? It's easy. Use sets for triggers like [skin color], [nationality], [ethnicity] & then if set elements are found in combination in chat log (Mention of color followed by ethnicity {Eg: if contains element.set[color]+element.set[ethnicity] send report} the report is forwarded to the department handling the issue.
They could probably find that code off the internet.

Algorithms for determining gameplay related issue like feeding/negative etc can be complex & be excused using your argument, but flagging offensive content in a chat log is basics that cannot be excused by it.

People on the internet are mean, true. But as an official company owning an game, Moonton has the responsibility to do this much to moderate the chatter in-game. Not saying every 'f*ck' should be given the utmost importance, but when it crosses the line like racist, sexist talk involving nationality, skin color, ethnicity - harsh action should be taken (Bans)

Moonton probably cares more about money to do anything, but just had to speak my mind.
Post time 2019-11-16 02:03 AM | Show all posts
I have to agree that the system still have its flaws but it has improved overtime. As far as I know reports are usually based from how frequent a player gets the same report which is sad imo. But hopefully it gets better overtime, for now, it's really best to ignore or mute them. We can't please everyone especially degenerates.
Post time 2019-11-16 07:22 AM | Show all posts
What's unfortunate is that even if the system agrees with your complaint it's only around 3 to 7 credit score reduction.  There really is no way to "fight back" against these toxic players.  I have stopped purchasing diamonds for this very reason, I find it really hard to invest in a game where verbally abusing people is tolerated
Post time 2019-11-16 11:39 AM | Show all posts
AZNUR replied at 2019-11-15 10:36 PM
Now I'm wondering, can we have a split server from Indonesia?
I'm sick of their toxicity and racism. ...

Good suggestion bro
 Author| Post time 2019-11-16 01:09 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Ncup.Ajh at 2019-11-17 12:04 PM
Charles replied at 2019-11-16 02:03 AM
I have to agree that the system still have its flaws but it has improved overtime. As far as I know  ...

So you are saying that for reports concerning chat logs, Moonton doesn't really check the chat logs for flagged words, but just bases it on "how frequent a player gets the same report"?? Like, they don't care who commited an offense, only who was reported the most?
It's understandable for gameplay issues which is hard to judge, but for chat log related reports, which have hard evidence in the form of the typed words, they should actually check the chat logs instead of basing it on how (un)popular a player is.
No wonder so many ppl get false reports for profanity. Moonton probably uses a RNG.

PS: I do ignore them. I don't care about random toxics on the internet, I'm concerned about the attitude of an established company who doesn't care to implement basic algorithms to check for these kinds of offensive words.  

jochu replied at 2019-11-16 07:22 AM
What's unfortunate is that even if the system agrees with your complaint it's only around 3 to 7 cre ...

Even that would at least be something but the person probably didn't even get that. Any punishment, even a token one like credit reductions, & I wouldn't have made this post. I didn't really care about what he said, I have been on the internet long enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
What pissed me was he wasn't punished even though the evidence was there in the chat log. So either they didn't even bother to put an algorithm to check the chat log, or do not deem those words an offense. Either way, its bad as a company.

Verbal abuse like, nuub, useless, fuck etc is one thing, but when it goes to mentions of race, color, ethnicity, it crosses a line. Ironically, Noob is a censored word but this kind of thing is tolerated. Costs less money to put in a censor list rather than maintain a word flagging algorithm maybe *sigh*
Post time 2019-11-16 08:31 PM | Show all posts
I am really sorry about your experience. Just imagine the amount of games takes place per minute, or even per second. May be more than thousands or even more. It is really hard to trace all of those. I suggest you to mute those player , report elaborately, and if possible report in game cs too, for now. We will ask to improve current report system and detect those more in more strict way. thanks for your suggestion.
Post time 2019-11-18 08:16 PM | Show all posts
This is my Idea for punishment and improvement on the credit score system:

Punishment on misbehaved player need to be more severe as this kinds of player spoils the game and make the game unenjoyable. This can harm the game in the long run where most good players will leave the game because of these toxic people. My suggestions is the punishment for players that has lower than 90 or 80 credits to be matched with players with the same group of credits score.. This will make their Matching time increased that can make the punishment more punishing. This also make player with good behaviour that is good for Mobile Legends overall feel mobile legends is the better game as good people will always matched with good teammates and people will feel that the community of Mobile Legends are good people. There is no need to keep the toxic players stay playing the game eventhough they are a paying users because Moonton will be at lost in a larger perspective and in the long run.

Comments

Good idea. They might even enjoy it more, they can play with players with the same vocabulary  Post time 2019-11-18 11:52 PM
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-5-24 07:28 AM GMT+8