Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 653|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Gameplay] 2019 Major Update in Matchmaking and Rank System

Close [Copy link]
Post time 2019-12-7 08:27 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by ckenjoseph at 2019-12-7 08:27 AM

I have been seeing a lot of complains from players [Count me in.] about the current matchmaking criteria of Classic/Rank/Brawl Matches. Instead of draining your minds formulating a fair matchmaking criteria, why don't you focus on a fair point system?

Forget about earning stars. Let's earn points! I suggest we decrease points lost from players [from the losing team] who had decent performance in the match, as well as points gained by players [from the winning team] who had not contributed to victory. Earning/losing points shall base on individual performance plus group performance [or maybe multiply the required stars per tier by 3, for example, and the winning players earn 0~3 stars depending on performance; while players from the losing team lose 0~3 stars].

It's not the matchmaking criteria that needs adjustment because you can never meet the criteria especially if no similar player/s will be in in queue which happens most of the time.

If there's a single criterion that matchmaking demands for, it's players' age. [You don't collaborate pre-schoolers with college guys for the same school project and expect good teamwork.] Don't say you're trying to make this game for everyone in all ages because you'd lower prices in shop if you really do.

In addition, I would like to suggest exclusion of Classic Matches in win rate which in turn contributes to ELO. As there are trolls in Ranked Matches, how much more in Classic? It's also a training ground for most players, and a farming spot for those with Low Credit Scores so why base ELO from that?

Post time 2019-12-7 12:46 PM | Show all posts
So there should an option to enter your age or birthday?
It could be a solution if not players intend to change it on purpose.
But this option can be entered only once per account. How about that?
Post time 2019-12-7 07:21 PM | Show all posts
I don’t believe age is the problem here, it’s how the person is supposed to play. I’m 15 and I’m in Mythic, and I’m pretty sure there are people older than me that’s in a lower rank than me. I started playing MOBA since I was around 13, and I was doing pretty well. I don’t believe there would be ANY one in pre-school playing Mobile Legends, unless the parents are neglecting them. I do believe it’s mostly teenagers who start playing these games. Maybe some Elementary school kids may play these, but it’s usually a very rare chance that it’d be an Elementary school kid, but I know it might still be possible. As for me, I wouldn’t want to be paired to any people near my age because I play very well and I’m in Mythic, and I don’t want to be paired to people younger than my age, but close to my age.
 Author| Post time 2019-12-7 08:28 PM | Show all posts
Edited by shinee. at 2019-12-7 09:45 PM

@BD007 Yes, please. Separate temporary accounts from Social Media Network-Connected Accounts who had Birthdays set permanently.

Please notice other things that I've said. I really mean it.

@Kathey It really is how the person plays. The conflict is that we do not accurately quantify how a person plays. Can you? If we can't do it accurately, better yet switch to a different criterion which makes gameplay skill-based [not just by luck]. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of good players who only lose by bad luck, just because of a heavy teammate who was paired to them for the purpose of balancing (?) the team. Then you get another loss because your ELO dropped, until you become stuck with an ELO. It's really unfair. Don't solely base on team score. Make them benefit of individual scores.
BTW, as far as my knowledge concerns, ELO is used in Chess. I don't think 5v5 fits in Chess.
Post time 2019-12-7 09:35 PM | Show all posts
ckenjoseph replied at 2019-12-7 08:36 PM
@Kathey It really is how the person plays. The conflict is that we do not accurately quantify how a  ...

The problem is that there are people who only pick one or two role and can’t adjust and there are others who have played for a long time and they got great winrate and great MMR and try to force others to play a role that they can’t play. I’m pretty sure there is a reason how others get to high ranks because they did well with their main and their preferred role. I dislike when people in rank kept demanding for tanks because they get mad and call on others to report the one who did not adjust. It is really annoying because they do solo or duo and start to demand others to adjust in order to play because if they’re this demanding, they should be playing 5-people instead of just match up with others. Because they are the people who typically choose heroes that are most likely to carry, and to carry, they need a tank that can protect them and without one, they mostly can’t carry. Some players are just lucky they got matched and got a perfect team that fills in all of the roles and wins the match. I think obviously in mythic, there is a lack of tank players.
 Author| Post time 2019-12-8 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Edited by ckenjoseph at 2019-12-8 02:02 AM

That is totally messed up, but we can't control the situation that much. Maybe we could set our roles in the Lobby so the system would match us based on our role.

As a Support main, I'm sad about the fact that Mythic Tier lacks tanks. It seems that only players who carry can reach Mythic. I also play Mage, but most of the time I adjust [only to find out that our Mage doesn't play well].

Matchmaking is more complex than anyone may think. It requires a lot of factors to take into consideration for the match to be fair. On the other hand, rewarding is easier; so I really suggest that we focus on the Rank Points System.
Post time 2019-12-8 12:42 AM | Show all posts
I'm Mythical Glory
But i often get teamed with 3 legends or mythic 5.
Then they troll or just totally feeding the enemy team.
I even kept chatting to dont troll farm first.
and some encouragement, but they like to clash even though we are 5-20.
Also when I pick lesley,gord,clint,badang,JH, or any hero out of the meta,Or just simply ban a hero they are not suggesting to be banned.
they will just throw the game.
 Author| Post time 2019-12-8 02:09 AM | Show all posts
It's becoming common to encounter such issues, and reporting a player is becoming helpless. We need to address to the problem not just thru penalties. If we adapt my suggestion, those toxic players would lose 3 stars while you only lose 1 [0 if you're MVP of the losing team]. How's that?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-8-16 12:11 PM GMT+8