Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 1485|Reply: 7
Collapse the left

[Share] Farm Hero Power (Matchmaking flaw)

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-9-23 11:36 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Matchmaking has a flaw that can be abused by players farming Hero Power.

See screenshot:
This is the Number 1 Kagura in the entire Philippines.
His Kagura is 97% winrate.
But his overall RANK WINRATE is below 50%.
You know why?
Because he is INTENTIONALLY losing on some heroes, check the winrate of the other heroes he is playing, it's below 5%.

Screenshot_2020-09-16-17-23-35-176_com.mobile.legends.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-16-17-24-15-207_com.mobile.legends.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-16-17-24-26-392_com.mobile.legends.jpg
Screenshot_2020-09-16-17-24-36-112_com.mobile.legends.jpg

And that is the problem of the matchmaking algorithm.
If you lose consecutively, you will have wins.
If you win consecutively, you will have losses.
One team generally always have the advantage because of better players than the other team.
So that matchmaking is fast right?

How do you stop that from happening?
Make sure the matchmaking matches both teams EVENLY, no team having an advantage over the other.
Regardless if they have win streak or lose streak.
Because right now, if a player has a 3 or 4 lose streak, chances are the next game is a WIN because of lower skilled players in the enemy team.

Author| Post time 2020-9-24 06:17 PM | Show all posts
izaidi replied at 2020-9-24 12:07 AM
Haha..I just notice that this cheater is from Philippines.
Then I remember a video of Rob Luna (a Y ...

The issue is in the matchmaking.

Apparently, if you win consecutively, you lose the next few matches.
Vice versa, if you lose consecutively, you win the next few matches.
Medals you get is also a factor.
If you keep losing getting bronze medals, chance are you will be getting AI enemies in the next match which will make you win.
If you keep winning MVP medals, chances are you will get AI teammates, making you lose.

I'm not saying it applies to EVERYONE all the time, but generally, that is how the matchmaking works.
Post time 2020-9-23 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Just report this to the Customer Service. I do this once on the no 7 or 8 lesley (i can't remember the rank) and suddenly this player is not in the ranking anymore.

I don't know the exact punishment but this idiot Indon mmr cheater has been offline for 2 days now.

You can search her profile febrile angara (type exactly as I write without the bold)
 Author| Post time 2020-9-23 08:08 PM | Show all posts
izaidi replied at 2020-9-23 07:03 PM
Just report this to the Customer Service. I do this once on the no 7 or 8 lesley (i can't remember t ...

Done that.

But the flaw still remains and can still be abused.
Post time 2020-9-24 12:07 AM | Show all posts
Haha..I just notice that this cheater is from Philippines.
Then I remember a video of Rob Luna (a Youtuber and Pro Analyst) trying to justify Kagura picks in MPL by showing that the player was a number 3 Kagura in Philippines.

The fact is, players Hero Power meant little to none in terms of your ability to win the match. Especially the fact that hero power can be farmed and abused
Post time 2020-9-25 03:22 PM | Show all posts
It's a kind of cheating trick in ranked match, and problems like that are also similar to abuse matchmaking about 10-man in ranked match that sacrifice a hero they don't use to lose and use their favorite hero to win.

hopefully there will be heavy rules and penalties for players who abuse matchmaking for MMR in ranked, at least their winrate or MMR will be reset
 Author| Post time 2020-9-26 01:13 PM | Show all posts
Ncup.Ajh replied at 2020-9-25 03:22 PM
It's a kind of cheating trick in ranked match, and problems like that are also similar to abuse matc ...

So just penalty? Band-aid solution.
No plan to fix the underlying issue?

The issue is 4-5 consecutive bronze medal losses means you will get super low skilled enemies so that you will win.

Medal points should be removed and should not be considered in matchmaking algorithm.

Comments

I'm sure there will be a plan for that, it will take some consideration and time too. Ty for the concern  Post time 2020-9-27 03:14 PM
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-12-5 06:17 AM GMT+8