Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: sttomato
Collapse the left

[Item Balance] [REVAMP] Blade Armor

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-23 03:58 PM | Show all posts
Weak item ? See that Dominance Ice over there. It barely gives 70 Armor for 2.2k gold. Atleast Blade Armor cost only 1.6k, I suggest buffing it's Armor to 100 for the same pice or max it's price under 1750 with 110 Armor or less. Blade Armor should only give Armor and not HP.
 Author| Post time 2020-11-23 11:14 PM | Show all posts
ArgonX7 replied at 2020-11-23 03:58 PM
Weak item ? See that Dominance Ice over there. It barely gives 70 Armor for 2.2k gold. Atleast Blade ...

Not sure are you a tank player. Dominance Ice is actually a good item, as it makes all enemies having reduced attack speed, which mean enemies deal less damage to u, and your teammates. Also it slow their movement speed, which helps to control enemies. It may be a so so item for other heroes, but its really good for a tank, and i use it very often :)

Blade Armor on the other hand, the returned damage is really low and easily countered by lifesteal. U can do some test or check out videos, there are tons of evidence showing BA is too weak.
Post time 2020-11-24 03:22 AM | Show all posts
sttomato replied at 2020-11-23 11:14 PM
Not sure are you a tank player. Dominance Ice is actually a good item, as it makes all enemies hav ...

I am a tank player. I have to say that you kinda buffed the sht of blade armour in comparison to other items. Honestly, you have to at least the hp of all other items with your buffes since blade armour is one of the cheapest item. 700 hp is a lot for relatively cheapest armour item in the game with the highest armour rating. As of now, I think all tank items need a buff since we are not appreciated enough in this game.
Post time 2020-11-24 03:27 AM | Show all posts
sttomato replied at 2020-11-23 11:14 PM
Not sure are you a tank player. Dominance Ice is actually a good item, as it makes all enemies hav ...

Dominance Ice is not that good. It is highly unfavorable in comparison to other armour items. Yes, you could argue that slower attack speed, lower crit chance is good. But they nerfed the sht out of the items by making it very costly. Blade armour is generally more reliable as the armour rating is high and is one of the cheapest item. Two, tanks are not meant to deal dmg but to take hits so the passive buff is not needed. You have to consider the fact, that if you buff the dmg of the counterattacks then there will be no point in other roles beside mages.
 Author| Post time 2020-11-24 12:53 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Kathey at 2021-1-2 11:29 PM
aznager replied at 2020-11-24 03:22 AM
I am a tank player. I have to say that you kinda buffed the sht of blade armour in comparison to o ...

Do u read my suggestion properly? I am increasing the total cost of new BA to 2260. Comparing the old and new BA, shall we?

Old BA = 1660 gold
0 HP
90 Def
25% Return Damage

New BA = 2260 gold
700 HP
90 Def
35% Return Damage

In short, the price is increased by 600 gold but you get
700 extra HP and 10% more return damage

A basic Vit Crystal is 300 gold, and gives 230 HP
600 gold, suppose gives u 460 HP

But, as BA is now an awful item for tanks, so it needs a buff, therefore I am giving it not only 460 HP but a total of 700 HP (bonus 240 HP) and the return damage is there for extra uniqueness for this item. As I said, there have been videos of youtubers doing test on BA, the 25% return damage felt like nothing at all.

Hope I explain myself better this time =) Cheers

aznager replied at 2020-11-24 03:27 AM
Dominance Ice is not that good. It is highly unfavorable in comparison to other armour items. Yes, ...

Dominance Ice does not reduce crit chance anymore. It is a very useful items and many tanks are using it. No one use Blade Armor.

Let me explain by numbers, shall we.

Dominance Ice, cost 2010 gold, and gives:
500 Mana
70 Def
5% Move speed
10% CDR
Slows enemies by 10% move speed and 30% attack speed

Compared to BA, 1660 gold 90 Def and almost useless passive.
DI is just cost 350 gold more than BA.

Lets compare the Def, BA has 20 more Def. But its not much after you consider the reduced attack speed of 30%.

Now lets see other bonus of DI, the 10% CDR and 5% move speed. And reduce enemy move speed by 10%.

We have an absolutely clear winner. If you still think DI is bad, think again. The attack speed reduction help not only you, but your teammates. If their DPS target your teammates, they will still suffer the 30% reduction of attack speed, which mean dealing less damage. Most of the other defensive items are making you the tank, harder to kill. But DI makes the enemies deal less damage to your whole team.

Mic drop, Tomato out.
Post time 2020-11-24 11:54 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Kathey at 2021-1-2 11:29 PM
sttomato replied at 2020-11-24 01:06 PM
Dominance Ice does not reduce crit chance anymore. It is a very useful items and many tanks are us ...

I see they changed dominance ice back to 2010. Damn, then that means it is better than before. Before, they nerfed the sht out of dominance ice to 2400 or something like that and nerfed attack speed reduction. Anyway, your buffes on blade armour is overkill anyway. 1660 for 700 hp and 90 armour is insane vaule. Like I said before a lot of items with a lot of hp such as 800 are generally at least 2000. Blade armour gives the most armour meaning that you could counter a lot of assassins. Two DI does not reduce dmg as you think it is. It reduces dmg for those who are reliant on auto attacks but not skill dmg. 3. However, with that said DI is a strong item that many assassins are going to use.

sttomato replied at 2020-11-24 01:06 PM
Dominance Ice does not reduce crit chance anymore. It is a very useful items and many tanks are us ...

My bad, your revamp also included the price change. I agree with ur revamp then.
 Author| Post time 2020-11-25 02:18 PM | Show all posts
aznager replied at 2020-11-25 02:13 AM
My bad, your revamp also included the price change. I agree with ur revamp then.

Haha good that u noticed that ^_^

I dont think DI is good for assassins. And yeah, DI is only good against the basic attacks, but still, when you have it and u are around, the enemies will attack slower on your teammates, which help the team a lot. The 2 best Phy Def items in game now is DI and Cuirass.
Post time 2020-11-25 11:25 PM | Show all posts
sttomato replied at 2020-11-25 02:18 PM
Haha good that u noticed that ^_^

I dont think DI is good for assassins. And yeah, DI is only go ...

with that said, blade armour is not meant to be a late game item. I think they meant for it to be early game item. The power spike is actually huge in early game because 90 armor is a lot when it is your first item.
 Author| Post time 2020-11-26 08:04 PM | Show all posts
aznager replied at 2020-11-25 11:25 PM
with that said, blade armour is not meant to be a late game item. I think they meant for it to be  ...

thats why Dominance Ice is usually my first core item for Hylos
Post time 2020-11-27 01:50 PM | Show all posts
35% of basic attack as true damage ?  Marksman will have hard time fighting

Skill based marksman like Granger don't have much problem.

But basic attack using marksman like miya, Layla will be devastated
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-10-7 02:48 PM GMT+8