Forgot password?
 Register now.
Author: Anand
Collapse the left

[Complaint] Match making is TRASH

[Copy link]
Post time 2020-11-27 04:26 PM | Show all posts
@Anand

Actually I wouldn't say Epic x Legend is the problem, the problem is more of the algorithms taking into account of number of matches played only, without considering overall win rates or hero win rates. So you can get someone who plays Miya for 2000 matches but with a 40% win rate, while you're having 2000 matches 80% win rate in one of your heroes.
Post time 2020-11-27 05:55 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-11-27 04:26 PM
@Anand

Actually I wouldn't say Epic x Legend is the problem, the problem is more of the algorithms  ...

What a joke! Number of matches is not considered into matchmaking algorithm. Algorithm works for your previous matches statistics.

If you are on the wining row you will get teammates that won previous game. If you are on the losing row you will get teammates with bad win rates, low matches and previoussly lost games.

Everyone know this. Thats why you should clear lost game in classic.  Problem is when you reach mythic I and II where is a chance to get teammates duo within your rank against trio mythical glory squad.

If you are solo player its ez to reach myth II but very hard to reach mythical glory.

Thats why I gave up on this game. No teammates in high elo.
Post time 2020-12-3 08:33 AM | Show all posts
@MightAlly

It used to be that way but recently there's also number of matches taken into account.

You may zoom over each of your teammates' icon and it will show the number of matches.

So I stand corrected about this because I'm mostly getting 2k-4k matches teammates (and enemies probably), but the skills aren't matched properly as some have 44% win rate, 2000 matches on certain heroes.
 Author| Post time 2020-12-3 10:02 AM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-11-27 04:26 PM
@Anand

Actually I wouldn't say Epic x Legend is the problem, the problem is more of the algorithms  ...

Ignore the number of matches and win rate

Consider the players rank only. That is how smart algorithms work.

If you consider matches and win rate then what is the use of rank ?

Rank is directly proportional to the skill level of a player

Number of matches and win rate are not useful in determining the skill level of a player.
Post time 2020-12-4 12:03 PM | Show all posts
@Anand

I have to respectfully disagree, number of matches and win rates are the only reliable indication of skill level. The reason why players can obtain high win rates with many number of matches, is directly proportionate to their skill level.

While ranks can be "boosted", 80% win rate with 2000++ matches can't be boosted. Well, at least the chances are significantly lower for that to be true.
 Author| Post time 2020-12-4 06:43 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-12-4 12:03 PM
@Anand

I have to respectfully disagree, number of matches and win rates are the only reliable indic ...

You misunderstood something.

You can get win rate from classic matches too

That's why rank should be considered.

Rank is the best factor to consider. Win rate can be boosted in classic mode.

Classic matches win rate should not be considered for matchmaking in rank mode

Rank is directly proportional to win rate of rank matches

This is why rank is a better factor than win rate
Post time 2020-12-6 10:49 AM | Show all posts
shimura27 replied at 2020-11-24 10:14 AM
Please don't say all because "EPIC" player fault, not all players in EPIC are bad, but i knew most o ...

Buy mask first of all.
Post time 2020-12-9 05:46 PM | Show all posts
Edited by CloudDevelic at 2020-12-9 05:47 PM

@Anand

There's a reason why I hold high number of matches + win rate as a pair of accurate indicators for skill level.

Like I mentioned, ranks can be easily boosted nowadays and there's way too many people buying boosting services. If we leave win rates and matches alone, you will most likely meet people who are boosted, instead of real players.

Whereas, if you take number of matches and win rates into account together with rank, you'll get a more accurate matchup.

It's true that win rates can be boosted in classic. But chances are that those who are worthy, will still climb in ranks especially when they are MATCHED with other players of high win rates and matches. If that player's skill is mismatched from his stats, they will not be able to climb rank due to being matched with higher skilled opponents.

Thus, I still stand corrected on my points because taking into account of win rates + number of matches, together with rank will only make the matchmaking more optimised and accurate. I don't understand why you seem to think that only rank matters when rank is the single most easy thing to abuse/obtain these days. I for one am frustrated with being matched up with boosted players, or teammates that don't match the skill level as their number of matches.

I only hope that each player can be matched with the relevant skill level that's accurate to their stats, that's all.
 Author| Post time 2020-12-9 10:57 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2020-12-9 05:46 PM
@Anand

There's a reason why I hold high number of matches + win rate as a pair of accurate indicato ...

People are buying boosting service ? Wow
Post time 2020-12-14 05:29 AM | Show all posts
3 years into the issue, and still the matchmaking is trash... lost all hope of this game ever improving...
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-1-27 05:26 PM GMT+8