Mobile Legends: Bang Bang

Forgot password?
 Register now.
View: 697|Reply: 8
Collapse the left

[lag] 280ms ping after updates

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-4-24 01:45 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hi, I've been getting 280ms ping (145ms+ with speed mode)in Indonesian server. I'm not from Indonesia but I've been playing in Indonesia server ever since this game started and I usually had 80ms. But after most recent season reset, the lag started. The host has a normal ping but for us, we get 145ms with speed mode.

Whats odd is that when I went to Singapore server, I had 80ms(my normal ping in Indonesia before season reset), and my friend from Indo, had a lower ping in Singapore. We love this game and we don't want to stop playing it. We've been playing together ever since but the lag right now is just making it unplayable for us.

Im using iPhone X and my wifi speed is 300MBPS.  I've already contacted the customer service twice but they said they'll only optimize our games according to our devices. But I don't think the devices are the problem, but the server itself.

Please fix it T_T

Post time 2021-4-24 05:44 AM | Show all posts
I have the same problem since the last update. When i make a host i get 400ms lead me direct to other server but when my friends invite me to eu server i get 60ms.
Post time 2021-4-24 08:53 AM | Show all posts
Hello, please contact customer service about this issue and they could place you in a better server!
Post time 2021-4-24 06:11 PM | Show all posts
@lolbye

What is your server location normally, and did you get matched up with players from other servers such as now, prior to the update?
 Author| Post time 2021-4-24 07:04 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Kathey at 2021-4-24 09:36 PM
CloudDevelic replied at 2021-4-24 06:11 PM
@lolbye

What is your server location normally, and did you get matched up with players from other s ...

I'm not sure if I've explained it right or what. I'm from UAE, but my friend is from Indonesia so we play there always He is the one hosting.  I've never lagged before (with ping of 84ms), but after the updates it became 145+ms with speed mode.

Kathey replied at 2021-4-24 08:53 AM
Hello, please contact customer service about this issue and they could place you in a better server! ...

My friend, the one from Indonesia did ask the customer server if he can be relocated to Singapore Server but they said they couldn't...

Tempestt replied at 2021-4-24 05:44 AM
I have the same problem since the last update. When i make a host i get 400ms lead me direct to othe ...

I don't think we have the same problem, but this did happen to me too once, it took so long for them to fix it. My problem is that the host had a normal ping and I had 280ms. It's like every after update, the playing in cross server just becomes laggier ;(
Post time 2021-4-24 08:06 PM | Show all posts
@lolbye

I see. To be honest, by right this would cause massive cross server lag due to the locations from both of your servers. If it's within Asia like Japan with Indonesia, it will still result in cross server lag albeit around 80-120ms++ even with the best connection (Fibre wifi of 500 mbps etc).

Unfortunately, I doubt we can help in this case as servers are meant for players of their each respective location, and as such; we are unable to change, unless you got relocated to a wrong server (such as you locating in Singapore, but got located to Korea server etc). The only suggestion I can give, is to use VPN to your friend's country whenever they host, and vice versa. Maybe this would reduce the cross server lag as the game don't need to stress the ping across.
 Author| Post time 2021-4-24 09:42 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2021-4-24 08:06 PM
@lolbye

I see. To be honest, by right this would cause massive cross server lag due to the location ...

Well, if I'm playing this game for the first time, I would understand that it will be lag because my friend and I are far away from each other. But this is not my first time to play in cross-server, I've been playing cross server since 2017, and never once in my life have experienced this kind of lag in cross server. My ping was stable in Indonesia before the two recent updates. I've played with 80ms in Indonesia before the updates, I can even show you proofs.

It seems like the Indonesia server is just way too full or something that even the ones from Indonesia has a higher ping compared to the other servers.  Im pretty sure we've tried all the VPNs by now and nothing worked. I play this game to play with my friends since were all from different countries. It was the only game that we could play with each other without experiencing bad connections, but not anymore. This forum was my only hope because the customer service didn't give me an answer. Regardless, thanks for the reply. I guess its time to find a new game.
Post time 2021-4-28 07:16 AM | Show all posts
@lolbye

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the less than ideal experience on your end. However, we would like to reiterate that each server is meant to house players from their respective regions. As such, we cannot guarantee that cross-server gameplays can maintain the same performance as local/regional servers.

The number of players have indeed risen over the years (back then I can cross server with NA people whilst I'm located in SEA with 70ms, but not now), and thus cross-server might not be as smooth as before.

I am deeply sorry for your discontentment with us. However, please do consider staying as we will miss you greatly
Post time 2021-4-28 04:39 PM | Show all posts
did you happen to turn on fast queue(the rocket button when queuing)?

it allways happen to me when i turn on fast queue , i believe its the source of the problem
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-11-30 04:55 PM GMT+8