Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 677|Reply: 12
Collapse the left

[Complaint] Why is Moonton not enforcing location

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-5-31 02:27 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by AnnaStrasza at 2021-5-31 11:51 AM

Why are VPNs allowed in this game?

Yah some countries have the game banned. So what?
Allowing players to circumvent countries laws to play this game..just makes it worse.

Anyways my complaint is with players using VPN and joining with players from other counties and then lagging.
I can clearly tell that most players in my North America region are Asians, who don't understand a word of English.
Doesn't communicate and then says in broken English "I lag bad 230pingzz"

Bro why come to our region and ruin the game experience.

Other big problem I have is..they also take over our leaderboard.
Check the ranking for Vale for state of Georgia.
Then tell me how many of the top 10 are actually from Georgia?

Now if you say..all that doesn't matter.
If that's the case...then why have region based ranking?

I am still trying to find the US law which I can use to file a lawsuit against Moonton for this very specific problem.

E4764AB4-B501-4F0E-821A-3ED80FB40734.jpeg
Post time 2021-5-31 04:30 PM | Show all posts
Greetings;
I can relate how annoying, laggy and unplayable a game is while have one of the 10 players using a vpn, it ruins the whole experience for everyone.
I suggest creating a system where you only can change your location using a card like name and flag ones.
Also, bypassing your country laws by trying to connect to a game or servers that are banned is a cyber crime and they should be punished accordingly.
Although, that doesn't involve Moonton, each country should take responsibility and actions to enforce their law.
So please I genuinely ask you to stop blaming Moonton for not taking any action against vpn users.
All that Moonton can do is create a one time or purchasable location changer and limit it to 2 or 3 times.
I hope this is now understandable cause I've seen so many players complaining about vpn users.
Stay safe and have a great day ahead !
Post time 2021-5-31 04:03 AM | Show all posts
Maybe people are using VPN without realizing the lag it creates. If that's the case they will stop using VPN. I don't think the system can identify whether the user is playing using a VPN or not.

I agree many people are changing their location to become a top player in leaderboard of a country. MLBB can find and punish those players by checking the server location they are playing in and the country they have chosen.

I also recommend a location change card similar to name and flag change cards which will stop them from changing location frequently.
 Author| Post time 2021-5-31 11:49 AM | Show all posts
Just look at this #1 Vale in the state of Georgia/ United States.
Do you think this person is American? Or live in Georgia?
Post time 2021-5-31 04:30 PM | Show all posts
Last month I was No. 1 Pharsa in Rhode Island USA, yes I used vpn only to move my location. Even I did that, every match I have still in my home country which is Indonesia. Many indonesian players used vpn just to move the location around the globe, however the match still in local Indonesia so we never play with foreign players which cause big lag.
Post time 2021-5-31 10:56 PM | Show all posts
I absolutely understand your feeling on this, and we dont promote any of those abusers but VPN is a private network and Moonton doesn't have authority to control them. As said by @BMPW above , this problem might be solved by creating a system to prevent/limit these.
Post time 2021-6-1 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Edited by s5tank at 2021-6-1 01:01 AM

They will never fix that, we all know that.

Whenever I see Asians on draft, especially Phillipinos and Myanmar, I know it's 99% defeat and I pick some random hero I have maybe 2-3 matches just to check how he works.

And they attack me here how I am racist, rude, sadist, misantrophe etc. because I can't enjoy in game.
Post time 2021-6-1 03:36 AM | Show all posts
s5tank replied at 2021-6-1 01:00 AM
They will never fix that, we all know that.

Whenever I see Asians on draft, especially Phillipinos  ...

This is tricky to fix because they will be using a VPN or a proxy and the game can only get the location of the VPN or proxy.

This problem is common to all the apps.

The only possible solution to avoid this is MLBB should not allow players to play rank if their ping is above 180ms or any value which is not suitable for smooth gameplay
Post time 2021-6-1 04:03 AM | Show all posts
Honestly it's a poor game (server) design. A VPN connection shouldn't affect any player other than the one using a VPN. The fact that it affects other players means Moonton implemented a very bad networking scheme.
Just do what I do and don't join a game when you see a Myanmar flag. If you're playing ranked then try going to Legend or Mythic where there shouldn't be as many (or any) VPN players.
 Author| Post time 2021-6-2 06:49 AM | Show all posts
I tested this theory again.
I played several brawls this morning.
All games where I was matched up with Filipino and/or China, Korea flag..all those games lagged for me 231ping.
Games where I was matched with Us, South America, Canada was good with 44-69 ping.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2021-12-5 12:18 PM GMT+8