Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 987|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

[Query] Is Demon Hunter Sword worth it?

[Copy link]
Post time 2021-12-22 11:19 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I booted up a hero test room to see damage builds and as I am smacking some bots with Demon Hunter Sword, I notice the additional damage decreased with each strike.

I check the tooltip which states "9% of current health", Not their maximum. This whole time I've been using it thinking it was chunking 1/10 of their health pool, but turns out every hit further dwindles to mere nothingness.

Is there really any use to this weapon as it continuously gets weaker as the fight progresses? Seems better to just go full on crit / damage build.

I mean this generally across all heroes
Post time 2021-12-23 12:55 AM | Show all posts
This is one of the reasons for this problem:
Screenshot_20211222-205341.png

Author| Post time 2021-12-23 10:40 AM | Show all posts
What if was based on personal AP / SP rather than targets current health. It would make it a weapon that gets stronger as the match goes on.

The current model suggests the weapon splits the damage progressively as you kill a target, making it weaker as you continue to damage your enemy
Post time 2021-12-23 01:28 PM | Show all posts
Yeah it gets weaker as the enemy hp gets lower. The item is very useful when enemy got mostly tanky heroes, which makes their hp melt to half easily. So it depends on counter build and opponent heroes, to make items effective.
Post time 2021-12-23 11:51 PM | Show all posts
@Burnzey91

DHS was initially expected to be an item for countering tanks, given their relationship with the enemies' HP. It was only after the creation of heroes like Claude, that DHS becomes a core item in their item set.

In my honest opinion, the HP passive is both a boon and bane, specifically designed to prevent overpowering of the heroes using it.
 Author| Post time 2021-12-24 04:31 PM | Show all posts
I've tried builds with heroes with and without DHS and found time to kill is quicker with crit/arPen builds

Also the thing is tanks are never priority targets, focusing damage on tanks never yields positive results
Post time 2021-12-25 01:16 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Magnum_bangbang at 2021-12-25 01:20 AM

Few notes there.

1 - DHS is faster to build than crit build. Only DHS better than one crit item. DHS + golden staff better than two crit items. But DHS + golden staff + something worse than three crit items.

2 - DHS is item for character that have no crit, like Badanga. Hes ulty cant crit, but deal DHS effect. For characters like it its much more effective.

3 - DHS effective against tanks. Yeah i am not a moderator, so i was reading you answer about it. But, you have no idea about one thing. Opponent team can have a 3 or 4 tanky character. And before 23th season it was meta strategy. And even now, a lot of mm like Clint/Brody build a half tank build. And pick 5 tanky characters is still good choose, sometimes. And its not all. Good tanks can force you to focus them. If you will not, they just kill/stun you and you will die. Its a positioning. At least until you not flanking. If you do, most luckly you will one on focus and die quikly. Anyway. Tanks have a way to force you focus them.

4 - DHS give you not damage item only, opposite to crit items. Its also up to 15% of lifesteal.

5 - Yeah DHS lose his effective(imagine it will kill any target for 5 hits, without any chance to protect against it lol), but when this effective is not enough, like on 5-10% target healths, you may finish it with direct damage from you attacks.

Otherwise - Yeah. DHS builds for auto attack heroes in late game deal much less damage than crit builds. Its true.
Post time 2021-12-25 05:53 PM | Show all posts
Edited by CloudDevelic at 2021-12-25 05:55 PM

@Magnum_bangbang

First point isn't true in my honest opinion. In fact, if heroes who can't spam basic attack or skills that proc basic attack passives in a short period of time, it will 100% by default be lower than crit builds. 2x the damage vs DHS passive, you do the math.

Secondly, most of the time DHS is useless without golden staff, with the exception of Beatrix given that her sub machine gun beats Claude's basic attack even if Claude buys golden staff, as well as Wanwan being another exception as her ultimate doesn't necessarily need golden staff as well.
Lastly, it is bad to get DHS in this meta if you're not one of the few heroes mentioned above because this is armor meta, where even damage dealers buy armor early. DHS was good even on other heroes like Miya because tanks back then rarely buy pure armor, but it is very common to get pure armor like Dominance Ice as 1st or 2nd item.
Post time 2021-12-25 09:46 PM | Show all posts
CloudDevelic replied at 2021-12-25 05:53 PM
@Magnum_bangbang

First point isn't true in my honest opinion. In fact, if heroes who can't spam bas ...

I thought you not get what i mean.

irst point isn't true in my honest opinion. In fact, if heroes who can't spam basic attack or skills that proc basic attack passives in a short period of time, it will 100% by default be lower than crit builds. 2x the damage vs DHS passive, you do the math.

Yeah, 200% damage is better. BUT its a better after you build few items. While DHS give you advantage after you buy a frist item. Most times its not worth it, but its note that you must keep in mind. With one crit item only - you are nothing. With DHS only - you may do something.

Secondly, most of the time DHS is useless without golden staff, with the exception of Beatrix given that her sub machine gun beats Claude's basic attack even if Claude buys golden staff, as well as Wanwan being another exception as her ultimate doesn't necessarily need golden staff as well.

Not really. You may buy it as tech item. Nothing destrib you buy full crit build with DHS, because its only 3 crit items there and last 2 you may choose between heal, defence control and etc.

Lastly, it is bad to get DHS in this meta if you're not one of the few heroes mentioned above because this is armor meta, where even damage dealers buy armor early.

DHS work against armor much better than crit build. And if someone try to buy a pure armor, 1-2th item... well he will 0-10, you may not carry about him, its not matter what he build, its a free kill.

Also you still not get the point. I not say the DHS is better than crit. Its a teh item mostly. (if we not talking about like badang)
Post time 2021-12-27 06:55 PM | Show all posts
well it helps againts tanky hero and combine with other item it sure helps but it also have drawback like other said , keeps loosing its importance when enemy hp  gets lower and lower
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-5-17 04:57 PM GMT+8