Register now.
Return to list New
Author: Burnzey91
Collapse the left

[Item Balance] Dominance Ice is just way too strong of an item

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 2022-2-23 09:12 PM | Show all posts
MightyMamba replied at 2022-2-21 06:40 PM
Dominance ice range is not that far. So it shouldnt affect the dps of longer marksman like layla, un ...

I've attached screen shot of the range of Dominance Ice has vs the range a MM has against a target. There really isn't too much difference, maybe 1/2 units.

But given that melee attack speed heroes are forced to be in close quarter combat, it's an unavoidable AOE debuff that affects them quite negatively when you do have tanks attempt to peel.

This includes Zilong, Masha, Argus, Freya, Sun, Aulus and Dyrroth. You could also argue Roger as well.

And as I said, it's not just tanks that pick the item, if there are Attack Speed heroes non tanks pick up the item as a strong survival tool just due to how strong it is.
IMG_20220223_210602.jpg
IMG_20220223_210622.jpg
 Author| Post time 2022-2-23 09:43 PM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2022-2-21 05:00 PM
Believe me that debuff is useless.

If you want to test, you can pick a tank and fight with this i ...
This debuff has an impact on only few heroes like Layla, Miya, Hanabi and Moskov who needs attack speed

And so if you have a team that has one of those heroes (Miya / Zilong) vs a team with skill based damage (Granger/Balmond), who is going to win in a team fight if both tanks have Dominance Ice?

It is an item that can decide who wins in clashes because it reduces 30% of att speed heroes primary source of damage in a large area leading to a massive advantage, while simultaneously having minimal effect to skill based heroes.

I get why you think it's useless because 87% of Mobile Legends roster are not basic attack heroes, but they do exist and are not considered meta, and as such are the vocal minority.

I'm just suggesting that if this particular debuff does exist that there are ways to play around it for dynamic gameplay such as

1: making it an active ability (like wind of nature) with a cool down and a stronger effect (50%?)
2: making it so basic attacks against the tank trigger Arctic cold (slow attack speed), not within an AoE field.
3: making the attacks accumulate stacks of slow the longer in the vicinity of the tank
4: reduced to 15% passive slow
Post time 2022-2-23 11:02 PM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2022-2-23 09:43 PM
And so if you have a team that has one of those heroes (Miya / Zilong) vs a team with skill base ...

The tank should not pick dominant ice if enemy heroes are skill based heroes.

We can say it is an item to counter heroes relying on attack speed
Post time 2022-2-24 06:13 AM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2022-2-21 11:20 AM
No item in the game is designed to be a one trick, but this one item does offers so much that it c ...

In mythical glory no one play tanks. Lmao. They all play supports with roaming.
Post time 2022-2-24 07:13 AM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2022-2-21 11:20 AM
No item in the game is designed to be a one trick, but this one item does offers so much that it c ...

First of all, I didn't clarify my points as well as I like so I'll explain better. Many fighters that are so reliant are usually trying to dive in the backline. If you are tank and most of the time forced to initate then well its pretty useless. Second, a lot of auto attack fighters are not really used as fighters that use skills shots. Third, a lot of tanks can't really survive if they are roaming given moontoon bs item system as well as op heroes. The item like war axe just fcked tanks to make it hard for them to survive in general. That is why a lot of people play mathilda, raf as roaming and tanks that deal dmg in jungle or exp. Four, most tanks can't even dive in their backline to pressure mm since so many mm have ways to get out of the debuff.
Post time 2022-2-25 04:48 AM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2022-2-23 09:43 PM
And so if you have a team that has one of those heroes (Miya / Zilong) vs a team with skill base ...

Honestly, the idea is not bad but the range has to be at least triple of the orginal size. Simply bc it is active skill and bc most tanks can't really get in the range of many auto attacking mm.  
Post time 2022-2-28 04:41 AM | Show all posts
Hello Burnzey91!

Thanks for submitting your precious idea to us. It will be sent to devs within a few days.
Have a nice day!

-Esmera
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-10-7 12:43 AM GMT+8