Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 813|Reply: 16
Collapse the left

[Item Balance] Dominance Ice is just way too strong of an item

[Copy link]
Post time 2022-2-19 05:59 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2022-2-19 06:01 PM

This item is a crutch item for every tank and has too much of everything.

Not only does it have high physical defense, it also has attack slow which completely negates attack speed heroes - especially melee attack speed.

This makes team fights very one sided vs heroes with skill abilities as they are not affected whatsoever by slowed attacks - and there is no counter play to this item.

Even heroes who don't tank take this item because of how powerful it is in preventing damage output of enemy players as a PASSIVE item.

This on top of cool down reduction, increased movement speed, 50% healing reduction in a large area and high base mana just makes this item way too powerful.

The 30% attack speed reduction needs a nerf, removal or shifted into an active AoE ability.

Right now with all it's passives - it's too strong.

Post time 2022-2-19 08:42 PM | Show all posts
Yes, I see what you're saying, however, every item has advantages and disadvantages. The antiheal-Cold Arctic is extremely beneficial against heroes who heal themselves passively. Remove it 5% crit strike rate reduction after the nerf also huge. I'm not saying this item isn't powerful, but it can't stand on its own. Basically, this item is used to counter DPS heroes, and I believe it only works on certain heroes. However, I'll take this for you who knows if this is a serious concern.
Post time 2022-2-19 08:43 PM | Show all posts
In my opinion it is an average debuff item. It is useful against enemies with abnormal life steal or hp regen abilities.

It is not special because similar kind of items exist in physical and magic items too

It does not reduce the damage output by much.

Reduces the Shield and HP Regen of nearby enemy heroes by 50% (excluding those affected by "Life Drain"), and their Attack Speed by 30%

As per the above statement, it does not affect all heroes. Attack speed is important for heroes depending on basic attacks like MM and some fighters.

MM nowadays are using inspire. So this passive is pretty much useless

The only useful status gain from this item is 10% CD reduction and 5% movement speed boost.

If your enemy team has heroes relying on basic attacks, this item will be useful and extend the life of tanks by 1 or 2 seconds.

If your enemy team has heroes dealing high damage through skills, this item is useless except against heroes like Fanny, Esmeralda, Alucard, etc who rely on life steal, hp or shield regen
Post time 2022-2-19 10:45 PM | Show all posts
It depends. In my opinion, I find BruteForce Chestplate to be more attractive in terms of the benefits that it give me.

It's got to do with playstyle I guess, as I favour items that give me better and higher control over my gameplay over debuffs for example.
Post time 2022-2-20 12:55 AM | Show all posts
Its a weak item simply bc no one with attack speed is going to be in the tank face. Second mm have a lot of dashes and mobility so unless you have some way to get in the backline then well u cant really use the item.  3rd a lot of heroes that rely on autos are really not paid and those that are meta with attack speed have a way to get out of range. Like u said a lot of meta heroes have skills that could well one-shot many heroes without really using autos. 3, no one plays tanks as roaming but as exp laner bc of how they lack a lot of utility. Antique cuirass back then was so much stronger and was cheaper back then.
 Author| Post time 2022-2-21 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Edited by Burnzey91 at 2022-2-21 12:23 PM
faizudin357 replied at 2022-2-19 08:42 PM
Yes, I see what you're saying, however, every item has advantages and disadvantages. The antiheal-Co ...
it can't stand on its own

No item in the game is designed to be a one trick, but this one item does offers so much that it compliments other tank items really well, and can be used by non tanks to effectively reduce Att Speed heroes overall damage output by a significant margin while not affecting skill CD damage heroes.

In my opinion it is an average debuff item.

It is anything but average. It has 5 passive effects,  2 of which significantly hinder the performance of heroes

It is not special because similar kind of items exist in physical and magic items too

It's literally covers a large area in a debuff blanket, how is that not special?
MM nowadays are using inspire. So this passive is pretty much useless

You're comparing a 60 second battle spell cool down with a limited amount of strikes which can only be allocated pre match to a passive, consistent uptime item which can be bought at any stage of the match. Not sure how you came to this conclusion.

extend the life of tanks by 1 or 2 seconds.

Considering the game is balanced around 0.5 second - 2 second crowd control effects, 2 seconds survivability is incredibly high. Also as basic attack heroes require constant uptime to do damage, any CC further reduces damage output as well as the high armour value the item has.

I find BruteForce Chestplate to be more attractive

How?

It gives you less physical defense and only 5% higher movement speed after enganging with an enemy in 4 seconds. It only offers higher health pool.

better and higher control over my gameplay over debuffs for example.

Debuffing other characters effectively helps control them to better control your character

Its a weak item simply bc no one with attack speed is going to be in the tank face

What are you talking about? Att Speed fighters are forced to come in contact with tanks as that is their primary purpose. Its not even a debuff applied when hitting the tank, it's a blanket AOE with no thought process or skill involved. The item just exists.

Second mm have a lot of dashes and mobility

???

3rd a lot of heroes that rely on autos are really not paid

I'm assuming you mean played. And this probably because items like this exist, as well as auto attacks are subject to CC far more than skill based heroes as they only need to attack per cool down compared to constant uptime.

3, no one plays tanks as roaming

What on Earth Rank are you playing?

Look I don't understand how an item like War Axe gets constant nerfs for an item that requires constant uptime and engagement to get stronger, but PASSIVE AOE Heal Reduction and Attack Speed reduction is acceptable.

I'm honestly baffled.
 Author| Post time 2022-2-21 11:27 AM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2022-2-19 08:43 PM
In my opinion it is an average debuff item. It is useful against enemies with abnormal life steal or ...

Right so you have a team of Skill Cool down heroes Vs Attack Speed heroes, equip Dominance Ice and see who wins every match up.

This means that one item alone can shut down  an area team fight quite effectively
Post time 2022-2-21 02:03 PM | Show all posts
Edited by MightyMamba at 2022-2-21 02:07 PM

Back then when I reach my first mythic glory rank, I wondered why I deal no damage as Irithel vs higher rank enemy. I am used to dealing high damage to lower ranked mythic players and the fact that I deal little to no damage baffles me. Then I realized that all high rank enemy tank that I faced have dominance ice as their first item. dominance Ice back then was worse than current one. Not only it reduce your attack-speed, it also reduce your crit chance and movement speed.
Post time 2022-2-21 05:00 PM | Show all posts
Burnzey91 replied at 2022-2-21 11:27 AM
Right so you have a team of Skill Cool down heroes Vs Attack Speed heroes, equip Dominance Ice and ...

Believe me that debuff is useless.

If you want to test, you can pick a tank and fight with this item. Fight solo against a marksman, I am sure the marksman will kill the tank

This attack speed reduction time is not specified. So we don't know how long it will last.

Attack speed reduction is useless against many MM heroes like Granger, Brody, Beatrix, Irithel

This debuff has an impact on only few heroes like Layla, Miya, Hanabi and Moskov who needs attack speed
Post time 2022-2-21 06:40 PM | Show all posts
Dominance ice range is not that far. So it shouldnt affect the dps of longer marksman like layla, unless enemy tank is closeby to her.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 6.39.55 PM.png
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-6-25 01:56 PM GMT+8