Register now.
12Next
Return to list New
View: 1183|Reply: 15
Collapse the left

[Hero Balance] Odette Is Still Cheated Of Her Revamp

[Copy link]
Post time 2022-5-12 06:31 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by Chaosxd at 2022-5-12 06:03 PM

Dispite her homing s2 and the leap on her ultimate new Odette is a massive downgrade of the original.Her passive is unreliable on its own for proper poking unless the enemy is malee when In this case she can kind of force it to hit.
Her s1 berarelly slows down enemies meanwhile s2 due to it's range and limited cc performance it's rather clunky.
Her ultimate is more or less the same, added though with two major flaws.
For one the leaping animation and delay in casting leaves her extremely open to cc rendering the skill useless. No shield no damage and a big CD till next cast.
And secondly her survibility has diminished dangerously low. The shield supposedly has boosted her 1vs1 situation. That however is not the case. Late mid game and onwards the shield struggles to survive even in such situations.
Damage wise she is not lucking as much as you would expect. She relies too much on her passive on most of the part. The incosistency is rooted to her slow application and low application of her passive during clashes. Should they were better she would manage to deal on her own against tanks and semitanks who straight up ignore her damage cause is insignificant to them.
Having said that, here are my thoughts to improve her and bring into the competitive battlefield:
Passive
The damage is satisfactory.
However is extremely easy to dodge it or cancel it.
For thisit should target the turrets as well for proper poking with a slight increase in range so it can rebound on Odette when casted through basic attacks.
Lastly bouncing on herself with no further purpose feels kind of empty. Perhaps some kind buff when that happens would be appropriate.
S1
Overall a good and strong skill. Increase the slow effect it applys and the casting speed and it's perfect. Most mobiles heroes can either outrun it or sidestep it.
S2
The homing of second face is a nice addition. This doesn't explain it's poor cc performance though. Instead of 1 additional energy ball make it spawn 2-3 of these one at a time as long as a target has been hit, with an interval of 5s during which the same enemy cannot be targeted again. The duration of 1,5s of immob. it's ok though a gradual decrease of it during each spawn would be reasonable. Both phases though need a longer range. It's so sort. For reference the second face currently has a lower range of her passive.
Ultimate.
To begin with cc immunity during the leap is must due to above mention reasons plus for sturdier outplays.
Next the scaling if her shield needs a slight boost. 200%. 250%? I am not sure need to test it in actual combat. Damage is ok. The range needs a slight increase so enemies will think twice before harassing her outside her range. Don't forget she is annoyingly slow. Alternatively she could gain a percentant of shield Every 0.5s or buff her magical lifesteal benifits of both her passive and ultimate. Lastly given her high dependancy on her passive, she should be allowed to utalise it easier during her ultimate. For this I suggest allowing the first hit of her ultimate ( first 0.5s) to proc a sound wave on every enemy unit/hero hit ( plus releasing all of her stored sound waves, though it may be too much) in one go. Hopefully this will solve her slow appliance of her passive and the huge disadvantage she is against tanky and high regen heroes.
Thank you for your time.
Interested In hearing your thoughts about it.Sorry about the presentation.
I am writing though phone so I am still figuring this out.

Post time 2022-5-13 06:17 AM | Show all posts
TBH as a Odette player, I would like to see them revert her ultimate shield into damage reduction. It would be great if they make her able to use ulti + winter truncheon
 Author| Post time 2022-5-13 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2022-5-13 06:17 AM
TBH as a Odette player, I would like to see them revert her ultimate shield into damage reduction. I ...

I don't think they are going to do any of these.
Especially the second one. It would be great if they did though.
Post time 2022-5-13 06:33 PM | Show all posts
An additional buff to her S2 is give it another bounce when the target is last hit with her S2 and also I agree with the immunity on the leap and lastly, I agree with every adjustments.
Post time 2022-5-14 05:50 PM | Show all posts
I'm unsure to be honest. While on paper it looks like it was worse than before, in reality I've been seeing great performances from Odettes, and they were still a menace to the enemies.
 Author| Post time 2022-5-14 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Edited by Chaosxd at 2022-5-14 07:06 PM
CloudDevelic replied at 2022-5-14 05:50 PM
I'm unsure to be honest. While on paper it looks like it was worse than before, in reality I've been ...

The problem lies in her skills being clunky and incosisnend.
Practically you do the same things as before her revamp.
To give you an example. Old Odette could tank Roger argus and any adc in 1vs1 situations. The new one can't do that.
Especially if they buy Athena's shield. Current Odette can't 1vs1 any mm who is slightly tanky. This is due to her low mag scaling and durability. She is too squishy for her kit.I main her in rank games in mythic and honestly I am starting to get fed up with how hard it is to utilize her properly.
Post time 2022-5-15 01:31 PM | Show all posts
I actually rather want her Ultimate to have a small uninterruptible few seconds just for the sake of compensation for her kit. I agree her second skill is rather clunky and really short-ranged for me as well. Honestly, I haven't used her more often since her rework but I believe she's still the same as ever? She was already Passive-reliant even before. Because in order for her to dish out damage, she needs to proc her passive first before using her Ultimate, isn't it the same as now?
 Author| Post time 2022-5-15 06:20 PM | Show all posts
Charles replied at 2022-5-15 01:31 PM
I actually rather want her Ultimate to have a small uninterruptible few seconds just for the sake of ...

It's the same as before. Only difference now is, her passive is necessary for satisfactory damage. Without it deals around 500p per 0,5s.
Post time 2022-5-17 04:27 AM | Show all posts
Chaosxd replied at 2022-5-15 06:20 PM
It's the same as before. Only difference now is, her passive is necessary for satisfactory damage. ...

Her passive should be triggered during ultimate. Is it not triggering now?
 Author| Post time 2022-5-17 05:05 AM | Show all posts
Anand replied at 2022-5-17 04:27 AM
Her passive should be triggered during ultimate. Is it not triggering now?

It triggers only once thought the whole duration. Let's say you have 3 stacks and you use it. The rest two won't be triggering, which is a big waste.
12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register now.

Points Rules

Mobile Phone Version|Dark Room|Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Official Forum

2022-8-17 07:26 PM GMT+8